From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of David Bunte
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:48 AM
To: Jim Bennett
Cc: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 & K3 - 30 meters

Jim -

I do not yet have a KPA500, but did recently set one up for a friend.
Although the standby/operate function is not remembered on a per band basis, I
am not sure why that might be an issue.

If your concern is that you do not want to inadvertently run 500 watts on 30
meters, the per band drive level is the perfect solution.  I set my friend's up
so if he is on 40 meters, the drive level of the K3 gives 500 watts out, and
when he switched to 30 meters the drive level drops sufficiently that the
KPA500 only puts out 200 watts.  Switching to standby on any band puts the K3
back to 100 watts.

If your reason is other than the above, I don't know what you need.

Very 73 de Dave - K9FN

Jim Bennett <w6...@mac.com> wrote:

I had a KPA500 a year ago and in a moment of stupidity, sold it. Now
considering a replacement. Got a question about it's operation that I can't for
the life of me recall from my previous ownership.

Let's say that I want to use the amp on all the HF bands except for 30 meters.
Does the KPA500 have a per-band memory for the "operate / standby" function?
Scenario: If I put the K3/KPA500 on 30 meters and place the amp in bypass, then
drop down to 40 meters and go to "operate" mode, and then later on go back to
30 meters - will the
KPA500 "remember" that I want it in bypass mode, or do I have to do it
manually? Looked in the downloadable KPA500 manual, but saw no reference to
this.

Thanks in advance, Jim / W6JHB