I find diversity reception useful on 20 Meters when operating on the Alaska
Pacific net. One antenna is a Beam pointed toward Alaska. The diversity antenna
is a Vertical. With this arrangement I get the nulls in the beam pattern filled
in with the vertical and can hear operators off the side and back of the beam
that would be down 20+DB with just the beam. The same works for DX and
pail-ups.

John Hendricks K7JLT