Hi Fred,

Loss is generally not a problem for RX antennas on the low bands because
it's low (even for RG6) and ambient atmospheric noise is high.  The RX4SQ
uses a run of 800' and the Beverages use from 200-500', all RG6.  The TX
antenna uses about 350' of surplus 7/8" Heliax which replaced RG8 several
years ago.  That gained <1 dB but it was cheap and much more rugged than
RG8.

73,  Bill

Fred Smith wrote