And the next trick is to use a hefty iron, large enough to heat the entire
PL259 (w-o the shell) hot enoughto accept solder, and make it flooow.. through
one or maybe two holes at a time.. and quickly enough to not melt the center
insulator. Rotate the PL259 and do it again.. big enough iron, allows enough
speed,to finish it before the heat flows into the center.   I had the large
Weller gun with the tip opened to allow the current to flow through the PL259,
that made it even faster.. on.. off.. rotate... on.. off.. done.That worked
very well.. and not so much.. depending upon the center insulation being made..
of foam.. or solid. Speed.. is the essence, of the good.. sealed connector..
that will last years and years.

Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy