Hi Gary,

No keyboard is required if you want to view CW/RTTY/PSK decode on the
external monitor connected to the SVGA board in the P3. The P3 doesn't do
any of the decoding. It just displays the same thing that the K3 displays if
you have decode turned on. What it does do is display a continuous stream of
decode. The area on the monitor can be enlarged to more or fewer lines of
decode as desired. The feature is turned on in the SVGA card in the SVGA
menu group. I use this and it works just fine. The only caveat is that
occasionally the K3 starts in 75 baud RTTY which won't properly decode 45
baud RTTY. It's necessary to change this using the K3 Data Mode Button.

Now if you feel the need to also send CW/RTTY/PSK from an external keyboard
that can be accomplished by plugging in a USB keyboard into the SVGA board.
Additional capabilities include numerous memories for canned messages and
the ability to send macros from the keyboard. Detailed explanations can be
found in the P3 SVGA manual. You can also just use the keyboard for it's
ability to store and recall numerous macros.This can be a lot of fun if you
are into K3 and P3 macros.

73,
Mike K2MK

Gary NL7Y wrote