 From: Bill Blomgren (kk4qdz) <billblomg...@yahoo.com>
To: WILLIS COOKE <wrco...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ... and solar power

The 70 watt panels will produce 2-3 and up to 6 amps when "fully illuminated"
-- That means having an aiming system of some sort so that they swivel... Not
something I'd put on a roof around here... (especially since I'm not allowed
to.)

a 3-4 amp charge rate would take a while on a 100 amp hour battery... but still
passable. (won't cook the battery either..)

Two of the 70 watt panels sound like what would really do the job.  Didn't
realize that they were only 40 watt panels. The guy here had some 35 volt
panels that he sells to the highway department for roadside equipment.  (You
can never tell what he has in stock, however...) He's always out of stock at
the end of the hamfest season, unfortunately.  (I would have gotten one of this
70 amp panels, and a charge controller...possibly 2 of them.)  Again, my
location is SUB Optimal for solar, but at least I could have light and a small
fan and perhaps TV if the power goes off...

KK4QDZ - Now with Extra Class Priv's, and a tiny KX3 to enjoy them!