For QRP operation and portable operation, there's a lot to be said for solar power. For QRO, gasoline is probably more practical. But, in the long run, humans will run out of gasoline way before they run out of sunlight. Of course, that assumes that there still will be humans.

For the record, I have a couple of small solar panels, but I am looking at possibly getting a panel with 20 watts or so capacity. And, I do have a very small gasoline generator (a Honda unit, good for 300 watts max, 150 watts economy setting) which is fairly quiet (less than 55 dBA). I'd rather use solar/battery for portable operating.