Bryan,

Yes, the manual says to put the probe into the TP2 test point and 'store' it there so you can align the filters without removing the top cover. However, if the filters are properly aligned, you do not want to inadvertently change them (or let some other op play with them at Field Day), so I recommend that the probe be removed. With the KPA100 installed, it is mandatory that the probe be removed, but this is not pointed out in either the K2 nor the KPA100 manual.

73,
Don W3FPR