Why? Simple. While you were doing all that, a guy with a proper crimper would have completed the job, and be sipping his coffee waiting for you to complete yours. If you had been in the field at the time, he might have finished his coffee, and decided to loan you his crimper.

RC aircraft guys have this argument all the time between soldered Deans connectors and APPs. Strip, crimp, insert, done, anywhere, professionally. That's my reason.

Eric