To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Powerpole Replacement

On 12/9/2013 1:36 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
I have been using APPs for ALL my 12v gear for > 6 years now, with no problems at all

Same here -- I've built at least a hundred pairs of Power Poles. I use them not only for ham gear, but for all sorts of equipment that gets powered from low voltage DC.

- all contacts are crimped, not soldered (once you've decided to go the APP route, buy a really good crimp tool)

All of my Power Poles are soldered (and only soldered). I buy the red, black, and green shells and all three sizes of inserts in quantity. I use the green ones for chassis bonding.

73, Jim K9YC