Hi Tom,

First of all, I swing a nylon mason line string with a weight attached to
the free end (with a fishing swivel) over a convenient horizontal tree
branch up about 25 +/- feet. I take off the weight and attach my center
insulator to that free end of string, going through the eye hook on the top
of the insulator.
Then I attach a 35' length of RG-174 coax (or RG-58) to a center insulator
which has a BNC connector on one end and a BNC connector on the other to go
to my Elecraft rig of choice.
At the center insulator I connect the two legs of a 40 meter dipole and also
the two legs of a 20 meter dipole. I attach nylon strings to each of the
four ends of these legs. I arrange the drooping dipole wires so that they
are roughly at 90-degree angles to each other.
I then hoist up the center insulator, so that the two dipoles become
inverted vees, at right angles to each other.
I secure the original string to a tree branch or trunk. I next walk the four
leg ends out to convenient tree branches and tie their attached strings
thereto.
I hook up the BNC on the coax to my rig, use the internal auto tuner, and
I'm ready to operate the contest or whatever.
Hope this helps.
73,
Carter
--