This is exactly why I want to see this complete discussion in full view. It is a problem here also - occurring often and without any obvious cause. Putting the tuner in AUTO or in MANUAL does not stop it from happening. The tuner does not seem to understand the term MANUAL.

My experience is from 75 meters - with no change in antennas - and will occur on oft used frequencies in the middle of a transmission. The tuner just suddenly decides it is time to make noises. I do not use other bands and the antenna is a dipole that present no problems to other rigs and tuners (read as nothing wrong with the antenna or feedlines, which have all been completely checked).

AT the very least, I now know I am not alone with this problem.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC  K-Line