Yes I was confused by that too, it appears that Leif has adjusted the TX noise
figures from the QST dBc/Hz to a bandwidth of 500 Hz which is what QST use for
RX measurements.

Leif has not actually measured the K3 or KX3, just used the QST results (the
graph of "composite noise" and converted them for his purpose of showing
differences between receiver and transmitter noise. He has measured the
particular brand that exhibited very poor noise sidebands on transmit.

David Anderson GM4JJJ