On 12/31/2013 3:02 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> In our rural neighborhood my mailbox is several hundred yards from the
> house. Whenever I get a package too big for the mailbox, the mail carrier
> makes a side trip to my front door to deliver it in person.
>
> I don't know if that's according to the USPS rules, but what matters to me
> is that service is what our mail carrier, Karen, chooses to provide.

Our apartment mailbox is in a "street box complex" all the way on the
other side of the complex.  The only thing that we get there is junk
mail and the quarterly utility bill (which is another variety of same).
 In the few cases where a parcel is delivered, a different carrier
brings it to the apartment door.
----
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402