Steve,

the subRX of the K3 has its protection (an rf triggered relay if the power coming into the rx is too high).

I've used the K3-KPA500 on a beam and I had a diversity vertical connected to the subrx quite next to it. No problem at all. It all depends on the coupling of the antennas. Try and see how you go at your QTH; the subRX is protected.

73
Arie PA3A