Wayne and the group

Thank you for the new KX3 experimental firmware. I downloaded it tonight and
quickly decided in my city environment the NOR setting was better for listening
to weak stations on the low end of the broadcast band as I was getting some
type of interference from higher in the band with the 160 meter selection. I am
glad we have the option to set it either way and I am still pleased as always
with the ability to listen to the broadcast band for news when I am camping.

I brought up my old deep discharge battery and am extremely please with the way
it now works with the KX3 and the KXPA100. The KX3 was going down to 10.7 volts
at 100 watts with about .9 volts of cable voltage loss. My digital meter was
going down to 11.6 volts at the battery and after I transmitted a while the
voltage started going back up which is typical of the discharge of a deep cycle
battery. I maintained batteries for 35 years for the phone company and every
year we ran a similar test on those big batteries. The KX3 and the KPA100 both
were cool to the touch after a test on the dummy load sending CW for a long
time. I know I am going to have a lot of nice contacts from my camper this
summer. I feel it works as well or better than my K2/100 did and I used that in
the camper for 12 years.

Thanks again for the new firmware and hope to work many of you from my camper
this summer.

73

Ken W0CZ  w...@i29.net

Sent from my iPad