Warren and all,

I have been informed by a couple folks that I did not read the post as well as I should have, and you are dealing with a K2.

The answer is similar, go through the manual - if it is not provided, you can download it.

For the K2, you can skip the Assembly sections, but go through the three Alignment and Test sections because that is where you will gain familiarity with the K2. Do the same for each installed option. If you do not have the option manuals, download them from the Elecraft website.

There is no K2 Utility, and you cannot save a configuration file, but you might want to record the menu settings. If so, download the K2 A to B Upgrade instructions - the first few pages contain nice charts for manually recording those settings.

With that serial number, your K2 is entirely up to date, so no updates are necessary.

73,
Don W3FPR

Warren,

No checklist, but I would suggest opening the manual and work through the front panel controls and rear panel connections. Set yourself up some simulated operating with CW, voice modes, and data mods when you get to those sections in the manual. Then look over the Advanced Operating Feature, and finally review the menu items listed in the manual. That should give you both a checkout of the K3 operation as well as familiarity with the K3 and its capabilities. Download the latest K3 Utility and load the latest firmware, then save a configuration file as well. After that, should you have questions about something, you will know about where to find it in the manual.

Good luck and enjoy that K3.

73,
Don W3FPR