Joe,

problem is they are worth no more than what they cost when operating in dense Europe in VHF/UHF contests ... crap! Been there, done that. :-(

If people are willing to spend $2.000 for superb DB6NT transverters I'm sure they would spend 3k as well for an integrated 2-3 bands solution the class of Elecraft. I sure would do! VHF contests DO sound like 20m in a contest overhere so you DO need the same class of equipment.

73, Olli - DH8BQA