Don,

Thanks you for this tip, and yes, I now realize my windings on T4 are not
exactly as shown in the manual. However this realization raises a broader
concern.

Here is what happened. I wound my toriods using a winding tip I'm sure I
picked up on the Elecraft list some time ago. To wind the toriods, I put the
wire(s) to be wound on the core through the toroid core half way, pull up
the two ends at a 12 o'clock point on the toroid core then wind one lead
counter clockwise to about 7 o'clock and the other lead clockwise to about 5
o'clock. I now realize that this will result in the toroid being would in
reverse to probably the standard winding practice of starting only one long
lead at 7 o'clock on the toroid core and then winding all the required turns
on the core around to about 5 o'clock.

I have now pulled, T4 and rewound it exactly as shown in the manual. I am
ready to reinstall it but before I do, here is the broader concern. I have
also reverse wound T3 as well as each and every other toroid core on the
KPA-100! Do you think this will create problems such that I will have to
remove, rewind and reinstall all the toriods, just certain toriods or is it
just T4 that is an issue? What makes me wonder is that I built my entire K2
and the KBS2 using the "12 o'clock high two-lead core winding system" and
the K2 works just fine for me but then I can't verify if the my K2 is really
performing exactly to specifications because I don't have test facilities to
do so.

I would really appreciate your comments on this issue before reassembling
the circuit board back onto the heatsink in case I need to make other
changes to the toriods.

Thank you.

Bill, VE2WMA