Jeremy,

I would tend to believe the reading on the 2000 ohm scale.
Look at the display in the 200 ohm scale and see if it shows a "+" to the left - If so, that indicates overrange and you should switch to a higher range. I would also believe that the 20k and 200k scales are showing you resistance in kilo ohms. The voltage used for resistance measurements may change as you switch scales.

In other words, it sounds like no short on the 12v power rail, but do check the instructions for your meter so you know what the display is telling you.

Inexpensive meters are normally fairly accurate for voltage readings, but not necessarily for resistance.

73,
Don W3FPR