You may have "SSB+CW" turned on. From the release notes:

* CW-IN-SSB TRANSMIT ADDED:  This feature allows you to send CW while in SSB
mode, which can be useful when your SSB signal cannot be copied due to poor
conditions. The other station will hear a tone at your CW pitch. To enable
CW-in-SSB: Locate the CW WGHT menu entry, then tap ‘1’ (PRE) to alternate
between “SSW +CW” (enabled) and “SSB –CW” (disabled). The default is disabled.
Important Notes: (1) CW-in-SSB does not yet apply in SPLIT mode. (2) When
CW-in-SSB is enabled, tapping the KEYER/MIC knob toggles between keyer speed
and mic gain rather than between the two transmit metering scales (CMP/ALC and
SWR/RF). The CMP/ALC scale is still shown temporarily whenever CMP or mic gain
are adjusted.

There was a bug in an earlier version of firmware that may have left the
CMP/ALC meter scale showing. Do you have the latest (rev. 1.87)?

Try turning CW-in-SSB off as explained above.

Wayne
N6KR