Sean,

For a first time builder, I recommend you simply follow the instructions in the manual. There are only a few components that require desoldering when adding the options . I would suggest that you add the Front Panel components for the KSB2 option while you have the Front Panel Board open. The K2 manual has a page that will lead you to the proper time to consider the installation of modules. Do *not* attempt to install the K60XV until you are completely finished with the K2 assembly, alignment and test. That option changes the alignment and operation for 40 meters, so don't do that until your base K2 is complete.

If you are a very experienced builder and can successfully juggle instructions between two documents at once to determine the before and after changes and resolve any conflicts, then I would reconsider my advice above.

73,
Don W3FPR