If you aren't already familiar with it, get some solder wick. Radio Shack and anywhere they sell solder normally has it. It's just finely braided copper wire. Lay the end on a solder joint, heat it with the iron and it wicks up excess solder so you can easily remove components when you add the KSB2 etc. it will save a lot of wear and tear on the board. In fact, if you are removing them completely, it's safer to cut the component out, solder wick the remaining stubs and pull them out. A little cleanup with alcohol and you would never know a part had been soldered in there.

Eric
KE6US