Hi Wes,

These are very well resolved photos.  From what I can see, there's no
center pin on the top TMP plug - but this may be an illusion.  If it
were true, you'd have more problems than a birdie.

If I were you'd I'd request a new TMP cable and see how that works to
fix the birdie problem.  Contact k3supp...@elecraft.com and see what
they can do to assist.

73,
matt W6NIA

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:01:53 -0700, you wrote:

>Sadly, they probably won't if my recent experience is a guide.
>
>On Feb 15 I wrote to this reflector:
>
>    "In over five years of ownership I've never heard this birdie before so I
>    don't know whether it's new or I just missed it before.
>
>    The birdie is S9 on 7.067 MHz and tunes at a 6X rate in the negative
>    direction. It's definitely internal.  Anyone else have this?"
>

>Two helpful guys responded and said that they did not hear it.  I opened the
>case and took all of 30 seconds to determine that the issue could be resolved
>(temporarily I'm afraid) by wiggling the coax cables on the frequency
>reference
>board.  The connectors on this board a badly corroded and moving them
>apparently
>broke through the corrosion and improved the connection.  The birdie is still
>there but is near the noise level and no longer S9.
>
>I reported my findings, including macro photos of the issue to Elecraft but
>never heard a peep back.  Rather disappointing.
>
>I've posted the photos here:
>cable to J2 is purposely unplugged to show the difference between the cable
>connector and the socket.)
>
>Wes  N7WS
>

>On 2/24/2014 7:19 AM, Toby Pennington wrote:
>> Paul,  I can confirm there is a birdie on about that frequency,  but I also
>> hear a lot of signals nearby.
>>>
>>> IF you don't have some kind of emergency that requires you to be on this
>>> freq.,  I would just work around it for now.  10 meters is a very big band.
>>>
>>> Elecraft will take care of it in due time.
>>>
>>> Toby K4NH

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will
spend the first four sharpening the axe." -A. Lincoln