Ron,

If your power supply happens to have a knob to set current-limiting, check
it to be sure that it hasn't accidentally been lowered. I have an Astron
VS-35M sitting beneath the operating desk, and have managed to
unintentionally  'adjust' (downward) the current-limiting with my knee
more times than I would like to admit. It caused exactly the issue that
you describe.

73, Dale
WA8SRA