I have K2 s/n 4426 and have been using it for over 1 yr.  I built it
orginally as the qrp radio with all options except the KIO2.  I have
also built the K2/100 options and use this only at the home qth and take
the battery qrp configuration on travel.  I have recently started
noticing distorted or "buzzing" riding on type of the audio.  This is
most audible on CW with strong signals, but I can also her it on SSB
voice signals as well.  It almost sounds like the person I'm listening
to has rf on THEIR signal, though I know this is not the case as EVERY
signal has this noise.  I hear it most pronounced when using the 100W
amp lid, but I can also hear it when using the qrp lid.  Here is perhaps
a clue to the source....when I lift up the front of the lid on either
the 100W lid or qrp lid about 2" high, the noise goes away completely.
In fact, if I tilt up the front of the lid, and stick the handle of my
screwdriver underneath it to hold it up, the audio is perfect...Could
something on the motherboard of the K2 be generating just enough noise
to get picked up by the audio sections/speaker wires in the lids of my
rig?

Rig has SSB, DSP options installed.

The noise comes through whether I'm using an external speaker or
headphones, it doesn't matter.   I do not have a scope to do any
snooping, but any ideas that could help me eliminate this noise thru
trial and error would be appreciated.  The radio is still usable, but
this is somewhat irritating and frustrating...

Thx
73
K5GUS