Tom,
I've been working hamfests around here, showing off my K2 and having lots of
fun.  I asked the guys at Elecraft to find me someone with a KX1 to help me
out as I was getting a lot of questions about it.  Wayne talked me into
getting one myself, and when I ordered it, I said I wasn't going to get that
crazy paddle as I liked my own homebrew paddles better.  He threw it in
anyway, and warned me that "It would grow on me".  I built it, I tried it,
and I found that for some strange reason I like it.  It has a feel that's
totally different than any other paddles I've ever used, but it took all of
30 seconds to get used to it.  The last hamfest I attended was the first one
I took the KX1 to.  It was well received by everyone, and everyone that
handled it was amazed at how easy the "Funny Looking Paddle" was to operate
with.  All I have to say about the KXPD1 is "Try it, you'll like it."

72/73
Jim - W0EB