I have built about 10 KX1's and the retaining screw for the paddle DOES
protrude through the anchor nut and in some cases strikes the circuit board,
preventing the paddle from being pulled up tight...Not everyone who buys a KX1
also buys the paddle, so it might not be encountered a lot, but I have had 2 of
them so far where this was a problem...

There are 3 ways to fix it...(1) file the notch in the circuit board deeper,
but this is hairy because it is very close to a circuit trace, (2) make up a
thin plastic shim and place it between the paddle body and the KX1 case, or,
(3) grind off the end of the knurled screw about 1/32"...IMHO, number 3 is the
best option, but it must be done carefully because it will burr the end of the
threads making it difficult to start the screw into the anchor nut...To
overcome that, CAREFULLY grind or file a 45 degree bevel all the way around on
the end of the screw, as if you were going to bring it to a point, but stopping
far short of that...It will start threading into the anchor nut easily now...

Jerry, wa2dkg

>I must have done something wrong... When I plug the kxbd1 in it wiggles
too much..<

>Should I have screwed the knerled nut on the key jack? The jack on my kx-1
is flush with the upper conver so the nut wont screw on.
Suggestions to solve the case of the wiggling KXBD1<