I have been using a Haako 936 I bought off the shelf at Fry's Electronics for a number of years now. It has interchangeable tips (but I only use one), temperature range from 200C (392F) to 480C (896F), ESD safe. I've used it for everything from installing SM ICs in some kits to soldering PL-259 connectors.

It doesn't have a temperature display, but the LED comes on when it is heating. Starting from cold, it gets to 375C in the time it takes me to take the sponge out and wet it in the nearby bathroom. I've been quite happy with it.

Note that my usage is home hobbyist, not professional electronics repair/assembly.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV