Jack,

My KX3 #5539 is used on and off for PSK31 and JT9 / JT65. I've made a bunch of
JT65 and JT9 QSO's with it on 80, 20, and 10 meters, in addition to quite a few
PSK31 contacts on several bands. That being said, I did do the temperature
compensation procedure before I started doing data JT9 and JT65 modes with the
KX3. As Don said, it is a very easy procedure, but just set aside about 90 -
120 minutes to complete it. The only tools you need are (1) a refrigerator, and
(2) a hair dryer. :-)

73, Jim / W6JHB