On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:36:02 -0800, "Mike Sexsmith"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> Hello all,
>
>   I have a K2 setup (#4819) with the 100 watt tuner/amplifier in separate
> EC2 enclosure. Things have been FB for 3-4 months, but recently while using
> 100 watts the tuner is unable to get below a 9.9 SWR on 80 meters, even
> though other bands tune fine. KAT100 Tuner also does not seem to remember
> tune settings anymore when returning to a previously tuned frequency. It
> will retune from scratch each time...  I rotated through the relays and all
> seem to click ok, although the relay for 80 m seems to sound slightly
> different...When using just the base K2 separated from EC2 the KAT2 internal
> tuner works fine and remembers settings. Board parts placement and
> solderwork appears ok.

I wonder if this is RF getting into the tuner.  With mine on 80m I have to
reduce power to < 11 watts to tune either antenna (zepp/80m inv-l) in the CW
section of the band.  If I don't the tuner goes crazy and somtimes turns
itself back to CALP or the leds start acting weird or it looks like it has
tuned, but it once you tx at full power the swr is full scale.  On 80m phone
I don't have these issue.  On 160m it tunes the zepp no problem.

Pat N8VW