One comment I would make is having a portable, battery-powered, sel-contained analyzer is very handy for checking or tuning antennas outside the shack (like on top of the tower troubleshooting high SWR) or at Field Day or on your vacation setting up a portable antenna. It was very useful for initial tuning of my 8877 amp. You can check feedlines with antennas connected for impedance issues (aka a TDR).

A VNA at the workbench is also nice but you will need a computer to use with it.

I have an old beat-up MFJ-269B (in case anyone wants to know); I'd love to get the VNA2180 for more precise measurements on the bench. Can't have too much test equipment!

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: