Before this thread is put to death, let me add my two pesos. And so as to not
be "rude", it is only slightly OT because I have a complete K-Line and a KX3
that I do my antenna analysis for....

About a year ago I purchased an AIM4170C. It is a super piece of equipment - it
can show you as much or as little as you need. Where it really shines (IMHO) is
it's ability to analyze an antenna over a wide span, like 160 - 6 meters and
show the details on a nice colored graph. I had an MFJ259B for a long time and
it did an admirable job. However, when I needed to make a bunch of
modifications to an 80 meter Inverted L with a Folded CounterPoise (FCP), it
was a very tedious process to record the R/Z/X values over the 3.000 mHz to
4.500 mHz range, put them in a spreadsheet, prune the FCP, re-take
measurements, etc. The 4170C made it a piece of cake.

And as to portability - I've got a nice 7aH 12vdc battery to power the AIM in
the field, and I have the AIM hooked to my MacBook Air laptop, so in my
situation, it is quite portable. Not as handy as the '259B to simply sling over
your shoulder, but still capable of being taken out of the shack for
measurements, if needed. Of course, if money were no object for me, I'd
probably have both analyzers in my arsenal! :-)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...! :-)

Jim / W6JHB