I love the performance of the K3 and am grateful for the fine service that
Elecraft provides.
Elecraft is a fantastic company!  That said, I'd also love to see a
"larger" K3 for my ham shack  which has individual band and mode buttons on the
front panel, a larger  display that spaces the information out further so it is
easier to view, a larger RIT knob, and controls with  greater spacing.  And
possibly a built-in  power supply and a LAN port too.  I like the K3's Bar
S-meter as it's  easier for me to read than an analog S-meter with a small
needle, but I'd be happy to see a larger Bar  S-meter on the larger radio.
(K4?)  I'd keep the K3 for  portable use and as a  backup radio.

73,
Dick- K9OM

While I certainly appreciate the performance of the K3 - it is on
my  operating bench whilst the MK V and FT-2000 gather dust in the
closet -  having fewer dual function controls and band/mode controls
that are  physically separated and very different in design *IS* a
major improvement in  ergonomics.  If I had but one wish it would
be that Elecraft would give  up on the thought that every radio
must be capable of operating from a  backpack on a small 12V battery
and would produce a real home station radio  with 24 or 48 V finals
and a large front panel supporting separate band and  mode buttons.