3 - 4 watts is fine with me on 2M. I know it'll drive the big TE Systems amp to 400 watts out because I could do that with my (long gone) FT-817.

73, Charlie k3ICH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lance Collister, W7GJ" <w...@q.com>
To: "Ray Sills" <raysil...@verizon.net>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3-2M module?

Hi Ray et al,

Many thanks for the status update! I agree it is certainly a good thing to wait and fine tune the hardware before officially releasing the product, and Elecraft does a great job of that. I will look forward to hearing more next month ;-)

I don't operate 2m FM myself, but it would be nice to have a backup 2m exciter. I think if it could do 5w in JT65B mode, it should be able to drive my solid state amp up enough to bring my 8877 up to 1500w output on EME. ;-) Provided it is very stable....

VY 73, Lance