I'm hoping to use it with a 24GHz transverter, so I guess I'll be embarking on the extended VFO temperature compensation procedure at sometime after deciding on whether to purhase the KX3-2M unit.

However, the more I hear and read about the KX3-2M, the more I'm thinking that it's not going to be good enough. I enjoy using CW on 2M and most of the contacts on 24GHz will probably be CW as well, but my transverter is not GPS locked, so the combination may not work too well.

Dave (G0DJA)

Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3-2M module?

- The module is unlikely to support very narrowband modes, because short-term local oscillator excursions at the I.F. (48 MHz) are, in effect, multiplied by about 3. FM and AM modes can be used with normal factory temperature compensation on 2 m. To use CW/SSB, the extended VFO temperature compensation procedure will be required. This level of compensation would also allow the use of narrow-shift RTTY. But JT65 and similar modes on 2 meters would probably require tighter frequency stability.