That's very interesting. I'm in the middle of building a K2 myself, although I
haven't yet reached the stage where I mount L33. Out of interest, I took out my
rubber bumper, and tested it with my DMM set to the 20M range -- the meter
would only read infinite, showing no trace of any conductivity at all. So, if
your is somehow conductive, then replacing the bumper may well resolve the
drift problem.

73, Matt VK2RQ.