Good job of troubleshooting, Mikael. It's really good you found this rather obscure problem. Who would have guessed?

Perhaps there was a bad lot of rubber with contaminants that you particular bumper was made from.

Mainly you now have the problem identified and can correct it with a new part.

Phil w7ox