Not sure where Keith was going with his comments on the K3...

My FT-2000D and my FT-1000MP both needed some tweaking to get them
where I wanted them.  Any modern radio does...it's called a learning curve.

I took my K3 to VP9I for the 2013 CQ-WW RTTY contest and prior to the
contest
probably didn't have ten hours experience on the rig.  Have to say that
compared to
my Yaesu rigs and some ICOMs I've used...the K3 was like a comfortable old
shoe
by the time the contest started.

All that being said, back in 2010, according to G3SXW, over 50% of the rigs
used
at WRTC were the K3.  Here's a piece cut from that post.  (I did a Google
search
on WRTC 2010 Equipment):
Some Interesting WRTC Statistics
These were put together by Roger Western G3SXW:

There were 48 Teams each with two transceivers: (for a total of 96 rigs)
# Elecraft K3 - 49
# IC756PROIII - 17
# FT1000MP - 16
# Two each: TS850S, IC756, IC7800, FT2000
# One each: FTDX9000D, Ten-Tec Orion, IC775DSP, Orion 565AT, Elecraft K2

The winning five teams all used FT1000MP or Elecraft K3.