Searching archives - using poor search words I guess.  Haven't found it yet
and I know there has been considerable traffic on it.  I guess I don't know
how to search the archives or haven't gone back far enough.  When was the
traffic about the gold plated contacts? What is a good search word?  I think
they were between the front panel and the main board.

I will be taking the front panel off and reseating it as soon as I get a
chance.

I think I may be having the contact issue without the gold plated contacts.
I am getting random errors on power up mostly and sometimes 7 or 8 of them
at one power on.  They may or may not repeat and new ones appear.  Have
probably 10 different ones listed so far, sometimes just 2 or 3 and
sometimes a lot.  After repeated power cycles (or is it hertz?) it will
still come up clean and operate.  Sometimes hitting just ant or most any
other switch (mode change, sub, pre) will cause the receive to be
drastically reduced.  If I can leave the buttons alone, it mostly operates.
Being a technician in the past, I first suspected power being low.  Meter
shows 13.8 in the K3 etc. but can't see it until it comes up.  Scrubbed all
contacts and watch meters on the power buss and no detectable variations
during power on from normal.  No abnormal readings on the current meter on
the power supply.

Thanks, guys.  73, Jim KG0KP