bank account dwindled to historical levels...:-)

One day I got so frustrated with the current pair of transceivers sitting
up taking space and not doing what I wanted so i turned to Google (Google
is your friend) and Google threw up Elecraft...after I figured out this was
not Halicraft or some furfy, I spotted the model # K3 and I got hooked, big
time.

So the FTdx9000D and FT-2000D went out the door in a heartbeat and I sat
with an older TS-450SAT and waited.....the K3 started to ship and good Ol
#679 rolled into the shack and my journey began. Now most folks that know
me probably think I may not be the sharpest knife in the draw, and to prove
they are right, I phoned Elecraft, spoke to Wayne I believe, and grumbled
that my new K3 came without the Microphone...what kind of operation were
they running?. yes, he asked me did I order one, order one I
repeated...yep, the penny dropped and I realised I had not read the FULL
list of what was needed. So the TS-450 gave up the microphone as it
disappeared out the door.

Is the K3 the best out there?....well in my opinion yes it is, after all,
mine is going nowhere soon of that I am sure. I had a pair of PROIII's and
a bunch of others that rate on the Sherwood list but nowhere near the top
and I reckon the FTdx9000D was better than the PROIII's, BUT, what I
premium price!

I am portable 24/7 and the K4 or whatever folks like to think will be an
Elecraft Base Transceiver will most likely not put in an appearance for me,
I have had my share of these types and now I prefer the convenience of the
K3 and the superior performance it gives me.

If Wayne is reading this and smiling at the memory of the indignant call
from Australia questioning why he did not personally ship every K3 with a
Microphone I glad I made him smile. Thanks Wayne, the K3 is truly a
remarkable transceiver that does pretty much everything to perfection for
me.

I have about given up on the RF Sensor for the P3. I have asked about it so
many times I am sure Wayne and company think I have lost the plot or
fixated on it, but, it would be a great addition for me at least.

Well that's my story I guess..............
73's to all,
Gary

--

*Gary - VK1ZZ, K3NHLSkype: Gary.VK1ZZhttp://www.qsl.net/vk1zz