I remember a while back I was asking the same question about using my K2
and KX3 with my KPA500/KAT500 combo, and Eric responded that the KPAK3AUX
Optional KPA500 to K3 AUX Cable Set cable should be left  disconnected when
using another rig besides the K3.
I was debating on using a  DB-15 data switch so I wouldn't have to keep
plugging/unplugging the  cable.

Mike  AC6JA

In a message dated 4/22/2014 4:44:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,