Given the fact that band data pullup resistors are included in the K3, the only certain way to assure you are going to "get what you want" would be to disconnect the K3 to KPA500 cable when using another transceiver.

There may be a possibility of leaving the K3 powered on with the cable connected, but that sounds 'iffy' to me because the K3 would be determining the band that the KPA500 selects.

73,
Don W3FPR