Doug,

I am not sure about the Kindle but the Mac versions of the utility program
should be reasonably easily modified to run on the iPad (or, even the iPhone).
Doing it right may involve a design of new views and thus new view controllers
and such but all the basic underlying logic may still be usable since it is
written in Objective-C or even some parts in C which is the same as the iOS
system on iPad.

When the iPad first was released I did this to a program that I had written for
Mac OS X and since my Mac OS X version did not use a lot of touch features it
was actually fair easy to convert -- of course, this was back in the days of
Cocoa Touch when it was still close to Cocoa on OS X.  Since the rename to iOS
and lots of new features being added, it would probably be a little more work
then I faced.

73, phil, K7PEH