Hello Rick,

I trust you will get advice from experienced builders here.  Here are some
additional points, you may wish to consider:

1.  If you do not need a one-piece K2/100, you may wish to think about a
KXPA100 instead.  KXPA100 can work with any QRP transceiver including K2.

2.  There is a full description of modification older K2 in elecraft website.

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/k2a2binstr.pdf

Since I am an overseas user, I bought most of the components locally and did a
modification for an older K2 with S/N under 2000.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

 寄件人︰ Rick-N8XI <n...@hotmail.com>
收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2014年04月29日 (週二) 7:53 PM
主題︰ [Elecraft] Elecraft K2/10 Upgrade

I posed this question on eHam qrp forum and it was suggested I ask the
experts here.

I am thinking of adding the KPA-100 (Amp) and KSB2 (SSB) options.
What hardware/firmware upgrades will I need to facilitate the additions?

And... is it worth it?

My K2/10 is a 1999 vintage. Serial Number 171.

Thanks
73, Rick - N8XI

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/
Message delivered to vr2...@yahoo.com.hk