Rick,

If you're interested in running 100 watts I highly recommend adding the KPA100. Ditto for the KSB2 if you want to operate your K2 on SSB. I added each when it first came out and the K2/100 (#380) became my main station rig until I added the K-Line (K3+) this year.

I also recommend adding the DSP option; it takes a bit of work to set it up (lots of menu options!) but it is very effective.

Even though I have the K3, the K2 is a keeper and I continue to work on it. That's part of the fun: You built it and can maintain and improve it.

73, Phil w7ox