That's what the WARC bands are for, plenty of room there! ;-)

73 de NS9I  -  .   ..  -

On 4/30/2014 7:53 AM, AG0N-3055 wrote:
On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 06:49:18 -0500, Kevin Stover wrote:

Maybe if the big contest guns did the same we wouldn't have the visceral
anti-contest attitudes displayed, and get more people involved.
You're talking to one of the anti crowd.  It has nothing to do with
speed.  It has to do with the fact that most of us don't like the chaos
of contests, and the fact that for some reason, people seem to think
there needs to be some sort of contest every damned weekend.  Boy do I
relish the old days where there were less than a hand full of contests a
year.  The two main ones were Field Day and Sweepstakes.  If you were
into DX, there was the annual DX contest.

Contests were something SPECIAL those days, and even I took part in
them.  They were fun because they were special.  These days, there's
nothing special at all about them.  You can't even get a meaningful
signal report now.  Your 5NN, but would you repeat because you're too
weak to copy.  They are just another boring noisy weekend when you can't
enjoy the bands.

Gary