From: "Paul Webb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:31 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2/100 RFI problem using Astron 20A

Hi

I thought I may have had a RFI problem with my K2/100 that I recently bought
but it wasn’t that.

When I hit the tune button sometimes the K2 would start tuning and then half
way through do a reset.

In the end I measured   the current into the 100 watt stage and found that
as the tuner tried to find a match the current drawn would

Go up and down as you would expect as the load changes.

But I found that my 20 amp PSU could not cope with some of the very short
current drain that it was asked for and dropped its voltage which caused the
k2 to reset half way through its tune cycle .

I was going to look for a better PSU , till I found how much a new one was!

So in the end I have a 17AmHr Gell pack here that I float across the PSU’s
output this will help the PSU cope with the odd high current pulse and also
act as a standby Supply in the event of a mains failure.

I guess others have found the same problem?

73

Paul

M0BMN