No, I hear that part about the high bands, I get that part now that someone
has said it. I now understand the radio restrictions, and that the 2m
module is going to be very low power.

"Several decades on 2m and 1.25m tells me that what Phil says is true: he
should be able to get 30 miles (or more) reliably in all but the twistiest
terrain."

Except I keep saying over and over we ARE IN THOSE TWISTIES.
and the hand helds are effective only part of the time. And yet, no one
seems to be listening to me on that point. It gets frustrating. Hell, I am
very frustrated.

having people tell me "use CB", "use 5w" over and over when I have said
those solutions are not meeting the requirements is frustrating, yes?