From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John
Lawrence via Elecraft
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:54 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Keying oand sending CW on KX3 with N1MM

I tried to get the KX3 to work with the latest rev level of N1MM and
configured it per the instructions for one cable connection using just the
USB to serial cable supplied to go between the radio and PC win7.  The
configuration talks ok at 38400bps with commands for changing bands, vfo
frequency and mode but I get an error message
saying no CW port has been selected.  I'm running on COM 3.    In reading
through the
help manual I some radios require cw keying via a separate keying line into
the KX3 using the serial commands set.  Anyone been through this with the
KX3 and figured out how to run with only the USB to serial cable?

Thanks

John, W1QS

delivered to d...@elecraft.com